Effective Verruca & Wart Removal
Verrucas are a common foot issue and can be eradicated with a range of treatments. However, a persistent verruca that won’t go away can become problematic. Left untreated it will most likely impact on daily activities, such as walking or standing and may cause discomfort and pain. If you’ve got a verruca or a wart that won’t go away, specialist verruca removal offers a solution. This is where Farnham Foot Clinic can help.
Innovative Verruca Removal Using SWIFT Microwave Technology
Based on the Surrey Hampshire border, Farnham Foot Clinic will get to the root of your verruca problem. All our podiatrists are trained in a variety of treatments, including the revolutionary SWIFT treatment. Traditional verruca wart treatments involve causing a breakdown of the skin cells that contain the virus and removal of the damaged tissue, before then allowing the area to heal. These treatments are often painful, protracted and costly.
How does Swift Verruca Treatment work?
A Verruca/wart is a type of a benign tumour affecting the skin caused by one of many types of the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV). The microwave technology delivers rapid heat to your wart and in just a few seconds the treatment is complete allowing for the healing cascade to commence.
If you have tried different verruca treatments you will know:
- How long they can take to work
- How uncomfortable the treatment can be
- How painful your foot can be following the treatment
- How long it takes to recover
- How wearing pads and dressings and trying to keep them dry can impact life
Verruca treatment with SWIFT offers the following advantages:
- Rapid treatment time of just a few seconds
- Minimal discomfort
- No post-treatment dressings or special precautions
- No inconvenience of showering or bathing with dressing on
- No need to keep the foot dry for days
- No need for an anaesthetic injection
- If your wart is causing you pain there is a rapid reduction in pain following treatment
- Proven results with over three-quarters of warts treated clearing by the end of treatment
- The system has been put through rigorous testing to ensure the highest possible levels of safety for the patient
Don’t let your verruca impact on your life anymore.
If you are unsure of whether you are suffering from a verrucae or corns, get a clear diagnosis by contacting us to book an assessment appointment.
We will provide a diagnosis and discuss the various treatment options with you.
Common Verruca Removal FAQs
If your question hasn’t been answered, visit our Guide to Verrucas to find answers on our most commonly asked questions.
Does it hurt?
Like many treatments for skin lesions, some minor discomfort may be experienced. Pain levels vary from person to person, but most people undergoing SWIFT liken it to a pain similar to an injection or scratch, lasting 2 – 3 seconds then quickly subsiding.
Are other treatment options available?
As all our podiatrists are trained in a variety of methods for treating verruca (even though we do not offer all of them), we would be happy to discuss the merits and shortfalls of the different treatments and advise you on the best next step for you.